Yoga would have to be the most recommended physical practice by doctors and counsellor’s and every Tom, Dick and Harry this side of the black stump. There are yoga classes being offered in every gym, council hall, shopping centre and local park! There are so many different styles of yoga out there it’s hard to know which one will benefit you the most. Joining a general class can be daunting, especially when they are over crowded and no time is given to teaching the fundamentals. Where does someone who has never, ever done yoga before start?
We are excited to share this course in an intimate group setting where we will build the foundations of a strong yoga practice. It will introduce you to the basic principles of yoga and give you the space to ask questions and receive hands on assistance. No more just doing it or sitting back in child’s pose! Be active and mindful in your yoga practice.
- An Introduction to yoga principles and philosophies.
- Detailed breakdown of the Sun Salutation Series.
- How to cultivate Ujaii breath.
- Establishing Drishti for Balancing poses.
- What is Mulah bandha and how the heck do you use it?
- Alignment fundamentals for common poses.
- How to use props to modify poses.
Plus get 4 free class passes to use for our yoga classes during the week to implement your new found skills. Members can give the passes to a friend to join you in a weekly yoga class!
Places are limited.