Work with us
Studio Manager/Pilates Instructor – Full Time (38 hours)
My Mama Said is looking to hire a new member of our team. We are passionate about delivering exceptional classes in Barre, Pilates, and Yoga that are creative and inspiring. Offering over 60 classes a week, workshops, courses, and Teacher Training programs, we are a vibrant and all-inclusive community who value professionalism and creativity.
You will be responsible for the day to day running of the studio. This includes the management of our booking system (Mindbody), providing customer service to clients, administering our COVID 19 plan, managing the teaching staff, contributing to social marketing, and delivering between 5-15 hours of classes per week.
- Sales Administration – The running of our booking system (Mindbody) is the prime responsibility of the role. You are the face of the studio on a day to day basis for the clients. You will go above and beyond to make sure that they are welcomed, cared for, and listened to with all their client needs. You will be detailed in your report keeping and implement our sales process to retain membership levels.
- Studio Operations – Ensuring that the studio is set up and ready for classes every day. Stocking supplies, checking on equipment, and ensuring that the space is clean, tidy, and inviting to our clients.
- Teacher Management – Supporting and encouraging the instructors to deliver exceptional classes, organize covers, administer timetable changes, and recruiting new instructors when needed.
- Social Media, Marketing, and General Enquiries – You will be required to assist in the social media and communication aspects of the studio. Social media content, handling inquiries, replying to emails, and marketing campaigns.
- Pilates/Dance/Fitness Instructing – It is preferred that you hold relevant qualifications in Pilates Mat, Reformer, Dance, or fitness. You will be required to teach regular classes per week and cover when needed. This is an important aspect of the job as it will create a deeper connection with our clients and understand their needs as members.
- Outgoing, positive, and creative personality
- Nurturing approach to clients
- Strong communication and administrative skills
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, and charismatic
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Passionate about movement
Instructor Skills and Experience
- Cert III in Fitness (First Aid and CPR)
- Cert IV in Personal Training desirable but not essential
- Teaching Qualifications in Pilates, Barre, Dance or Yoga
- Teaching Experience (min. 2 years)
Other Skills and Experience
- Mindbody Booking System
If this is all looks good, please apply by sending us your cover letter and CV.* Your cover letter should address the following questions:
- What resonates with you about the My Mama Said brand?
- Why do you think you would be a great fit for our team?
Salary: Negotiable depending on skills and experience. A formal recruitment process will follow for preferred applicants. As part of our recruitment process, you may be required to have pre-employment checks.
My Mama Said P/L is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
*No recruitment agencies.