- This website (Site) is operated by My Mama Said… Pty Ltd (ACN 605 116 523) (we, us or our).
- Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to protecting your personal information.
- This policy outlines how and when we collect, use, share and store your personal information and applies to all personal information we collect through:
- the Site; and
- orders of our products and use of our services.
- By accessing or using the Site or any of our products or services, you indicate that:
- you have read and understood this policy; and
- you agree that your access to, or use of, the Site or our products or services indicates your consent to this policy.
- If you have any questions about this policy, please feel free to contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
2. What personal information we collect
- Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether or not the information is true or recorded in a material form.
- We collect and use personal information from customers and members, users and visitors of the Site, and any other individual who interacts with us.
- We collect and use different types of personal information depending on the type of dealing you have with us, which may include:
- your name, date of birth, address, phone number, email address and occupation;
- information about the memberships, classes, courses, or other products or services you order or enquire about, including how those products or services are used or provided;
- your financial information (such as credit card and bank account details), method of payment and any additional information required for user authentication processes; and
- any other information relating to you that you provide to us, including the information you provide by email or telephone, or through reviews or testimonials, surveys, competition forms, special events and other promotional activities.
- We do not collect your sensitive information.
3.1 Methods of collection
- We collect your personal information in several ways, including:
- through your registration, bookings, and memberships for, or orders of, our products or services (and our records of these);
- when you visit the Site or submit information through the Site, contact us, or complete any forms or documents for our products or services;
- when you participate in our surveys, competitions, promotions, questionnaires or other promotional activities;
- from third parties, including from Namastream Corporation in the United States of America, who provides the platform on which our online classes and courses are offered (Online Platform); and
- from publicly available sources of information.
- The personal information we collect will track and enhance your use of the Site or our products or services, and assist us in providing a better service to you.
- We will only collect personal information that is necessary for one or more of our functions or for a purpose outlined in this policy or otherwise disclosed to you.
- By providing personal information to us, you acknowledge that you are authorised to provide such information to us.
3.2 Collection from you
- When we collect personal information directly from you, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of certain matters at, before, or as soon as practicable after, the time of collection. This is known as a collection notice.
- As a collection notice is specific to a particular collection of personal information, it will provide more specific information about our information-handling practices than this policy.
- This policy is subject to any specific provisions contained in our collection notices and the terms of any offers, products and services. We therefore encourage you to read those provisions carefully.
4. How we use your personal information
4.1 Purposes of use and disclosure
- We only use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it is collected, including to:
- provide you with our products or services, or access to the Site;
- improve, develop and manage our products, services and the Site; and
- notify you of information or opportunities we think you might be interested in, including new product or service offerings.
- We may also use your personal information:
- to charge and bill you for our products and services;
- to verify your identity and conduct fraud, risk reduction and creditworthiness checks;
- to perform research and analysis about our products, services and the Site;
- to comply with regulatory or other legal requirements;
- for any purpose to which you have consented; and
- for any other purpose notified to you at the time of collection.
- In the event of a merger, acquisition or sale of the whole or part of our business or assets, we reserve the right to transfer your personal information as part of the transaction, without your consent or notice to you.
4.2 Disclosure to third parties
- We may provide your personal information to:
- our employees, related entities, business partners, contractors, suppliers and agents from time to time for the purpose of delivering, providing and administering our products, services or Site; and
- third party service providers for the purpose of performing functions on our behalf, but those service providers may not process or use such information for any other purpose. Examples of these third-party service providers include financial and credit card institutions to process payments, platform hosting companies, external business advisors (including auditors and lawyers) and our insurer,
(together, Authorised Third Parties).
- When we disclose your personal information to an Authorised Third Party, we will ensure that they undertake to protect your privacy.
- Authorised Third Parties, such as Namastream, may also provide us with personal information collected from you. If you disclose personal information to an Authorised Third Party, we rely on you to provide the Authorised Third Party with consent for us to collect, store, use and disclose your personal information.
- We may also disclose any personal information we consider necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, government request or industry code or standard.
4.3 Third parties
- We will not disclose your personal information to any third party (other than our Authorised Third Parties) without your written consent, unless:
- we are otherwise required by law;
- we are permitted to do so under this policy; or
- such disclosure is, in our opinion, reasonably necessary to protect our rights or property, avoid injury to any person or ensure the proper functioning of the Site.
- This policy only covers the use and disclosure of information we collect from you. The collection and use of your personal information by any third party is governed by their privacy policies and is not within our control.
5. Storage and security
5.1 Protecting your personal information
- We take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe. We use a combination of technical, administrative, and physical controls to protect and maintain the security of your personal information.
- Our officers, employees, agents and third-party contractors are expected to observe the confidentiality of your personal information.
- Wherever possible, we will procure that Authorised Third Parties who have access to your personal information take reasonable steps to protect and maintain the security of your personal information.
5.2 No guarantee
- The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information transmitted through the Site.
- You provide your personal information to us at your own risk and we are not responsible for any unauthorised access to, and disclosure of, your personal information.
5.3 Destruction of personal information
Where required by law, we will destroy or de-identify personal information where it is no longer required, unless we are required or authorised by law to retain the information.
5.4 Suspected data breach
We will notify you as soon as practicable if we:
- discover or suspect that your personal information has been lost, accessed by, or disclosed to, any unauthorised person or in any unauthorised manner;
- believe that you are likely to suffer serious harm as a result; and
- are unable to prevent the likely risk of harm.
6. Opt out
You can opt out of receiving communications from us by using the unsubscribe function in the email or SMS.
7. Links to other sites from our Site
- Our Site may contain hyperlinks or advertising to or from third party websites.
- We do not endorse any of these third parties, their products or services, or the content on these websites.
- These websites are not subject to our privacy standards, policies and procedures. Therefore, we recommend that you make your own enquires about their privacy practices.
- We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these third party websites.
- We may collect information when you access and use our Site by utilising features and technologies of your internet browser, including cookies. A cookie is a piece of data that enables us to track and target your preferences.
- The type of information we collect may include statistical information, details of your operating system, location, your internet protocol (IP) address, the date and time of your visit, the pages you have accessed, the links which you have clicked and the type of browser that you were using.
- enable us to identify you as a return user and personalise your experience and use of our Site;
- help us improve our Site and ensure that our Site remains easy to use and navigate; and.
- analyse trends and track traffic patterns.
- Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You may reset your browser to refuse all cookies or warn you before accepting cookies, but doing so may mean you have limited functionality of the Site.
9. Access and correction
- We will use reasonable endeavours to keep your personal information accurate, up-to-date and complete.
- You can update your personal information through your member account. Alternatively, you can request access to, or a correction of, your personal information by contacting our Privacy Officer using the details above. We may require proof of identity.
10. Changes to the policy
- We may change this policy from time to time at our sole discretion.
- Your continued use of our products, services or the Site following the posting of any revised policy to the Site indicates your acceptance of the changes to the policy.
- If you have any issues about the way we handle your personal information, please contact us using the details above and provide full details of your complaint and any supporting documentation.
- We treat all privacy complaints seriously and confidentially.
- Our Privacy Officer will endeavour to:
- respond to you within 10 business days; and
- investigate and attempt to resolve your concerns within 30 business days or any longer period notified to you by our Privacy Officer.
Last updated: 18 May 2020